Calligraphy and Bookbinding Workshops
Teachers carrying out the activity
- Craft activities
- Andrés Sánchez Marcos
- José Antonio Sánchez García
- Mª Luisa González Núñez
- Business activities and entrepreneurship training
- Ana Gómez Pérez
- José Mª Calvarro Fernández
- Olga Martín Cobos
Aims of the activity
- Learning the necessary techniques for calligraphy and bookbinding.
- Improving the capabilities and skills in students, enabling them to take initiatives on their own.
- Increasing sense of initiative and entrepreneurship.
Calligraphy is a laborious and creative art and it helps us to increase our creativity. It is a discipline in which graphic design and art are mixed. The applications are numerous: handwritten invitations, logo design and typography, documents and many other commemorative works that include elements of writing.
On the other hand, bookbinding is a way to preserve a written document that is considered of great value. Good bookbinding gives added value to the work.
The aim of this workshop is to provide students with the technical knowledge in calligraphy and bookbinding apart from the mechanisms necessary to put up their own business.
Who can participate?
Learners in adult education.
Number of participants
A maximum of 15 participants must be involved in these workshops.
Calligraphy workshop: 15th, 22nd and 29th January; 5th and 12th February.
Bookbinding workshop: 18th and 25th February; 4th, 11th and 18th; 25th March.
Two hours a week.
Duration of the activity
From the 15th January to the 25th March , 2015.