Guided Tour of Caceres. Route 2
- Start Route 2
- 28. St John's Church
- 29. St Anne's Arch
- 30. Palace of Counts of Adanero
- 31. Palace of Generala
- 32. Ribera's Mansion
- 33. Balbos' Forum
- 34. Palace of Toledo-Moctezuma
- 35. Caceres' Tower
- 36. Mansion of Duran de la Rocha
- 37. Christ's Arch
- 38. St Anthony's Hermitage
- 39. House of the Horses
- 40. Palace of Pereros
- 41. Palace of Sanchez-Paredes
- 42. P. of the Marquis of Torreorgaz
- 43. Mansion of Paredes-Saavedra
- 44. Hospital of Pilgrim Knights
In this second route, we begin the tour outside the walls, from the St John's Square which owes its name to the Church of St John the Baptist.
St John's Square is located outside the walled city, where cattle fairs were held in the past, so the church was known as St John of the Shepherds.
Nowadays it's the entrance hall to the Old Town, having several restaurants and taverns whose specialty is Extremadura's Regional Cuisine.
Cordero Alvarado, Pedro. Cáceres en sus escudos y monumentos. Ed. García Plata S.A. 1991
García Mogollón, Florencio-Javier. Los Monumentos Religiosos de Cáceres, Ciudad Patrimonio de la Humanidad. Plan de Excelencia Turística del Excmo. Ayto. de Cáceres. 2005