Handmade Natural Products Summary
REASONS FOR THE WOORKSHOP
From January to March of this academic year, both students and teachers have developed the “Soap and Cream Workshop”. This idea is part of the European Grundtvig Project “Educating Entrepreneurs in Traditional Crafts and Arts”. The place chosen for the workshop was our centre in Aldea Moret.
The final purpose of this workshop lies on offering our students the necessary knowledge and main techniques so that they would be able to create in our students’ minds the possibility of creating their own business or, at least, getting to know paths which lead them to other better different realities from the ones our pupils are used to.
The following two groups have taken part in the workshop:
- Pupils from the course called “Emotional Intelligence through Theatre”.
- Pupils from different groups of Secondary Education.
- Barra Sanz, Francisco Javier.
- Durán Murillo, Mercedes.
- González Galeano, Jacinta.
- Ortega Jiménez, Catalina.
- Paniagua Ruano, María del Carmen.
- Sánchez Lavado, María Agustina.
- Silva Vargas, Marisol.
- Doubli Sajid, Soufía
- Macías Muñoz, María Yolanda.
- Sajid, Rachida.
- Barquilla Bermejo, Ana María.
- Cuéllar Hernández, María del Carmen.
- Nava Pino, Julia.
- To learn how to make soaps and creams from natural olive oil.
- To get to know first hand the worries and concerns of small business entrepreneurs.
- To reinforce the idea of innovation and creativity in the handicrafts process.
- To learn and acknowledge the different steps in the entrepreneur process and show our pupils the advantages of becoming an entrepreneur.
- To create confidence and positive emotion among all the members of the group.
All of us have walked together from empathy, which we consider to be the essential principle in the educative process. Apart from this one, we have also dealt with a few other principles, such as:
- Activity principle.
- Participation principle.
- Socialization principle.
- Individualization principle.
“There is nothing in the world more powerful than an idea whose time has come, your time”
Starting from this beautiful phrase, we consider that the world we are getting through and the difficult situation of the education for adults must fulfil different aspects such as to offer the necessary conditions which allow active teaching, cooperative work multiple intelligences, emotional education, personalized attention, human values, interculturalism between beliefs and disbeliefs, and so on.
Only from this point of view,CREATIVITY and IDEAS WILL MATURE in the NEAR FUTURE.