Educating Entrepreneurs in Traditional Crafts and Arts
The Project focuses on adult learning, especially for unemployed people. Through the project, participants can discover/develop a hobby (handcrafts), regain self-confidence and creative thinking and learn how to start their own small business. Entrepreneurship and cultural education are considered and used in the context of the project as a tool for better understanding between people and their surroundings.
The Project aims to:
- Help partners’ communities to be more autonomous and sustainable by involving people in activities related to entrepreneurship.
- Support the development of European wide standards for evaluating formal and informal education.
- Provide opportunities for both active and inactive participation, education and training of all ages, sexes and nationalities.
More specifically, the concrete objectives of the project are:
- Increasing the adults' motivation to learn and acquire new skills.
- Establishing educational partnerships between the organisations of adults.
- Strengthening the activities of adults in several aspects of life.
- Encouraging the sharing of the acquired skills with others promoting entrepreneurship and intercultural dialogue.
- Increasing the activity and involvement of adults in starting own business.
The above objectives are to be achieved through the exchange of information between partner organizations, through exchanges of staff and through common seminars in partner institutions. This partnership will bring together various stakeholders involved in business education. Furthermore, the participants will learn about best practices from the other regions, will be involved in several workshops and exchange their knowledge, experience and ideas.
The Partnership of the project is consisted by: NGO Menas sau (Lithuania), CRIoSS-Cyprus Research Institute of Social Sciences (Cyprus), Andırın Halk Eğitimi Merkezi (Turkey), Centro de Educación de Personas Adultas Maestro Martín Cisneros (Spain), Associazione Europeando (Italy) and Foundation for the Promotion of Social Inclusion MALTA (FOPSIM).